Sunday, May 19, 2013

MY FAMILY CULTURE

1. Picture frame from my house that has several pictures that were taken over time with my family members in it.

2.  Representation of my sorority family

3. Bible

Family photos to represent memories of family events, an item of my sorority as a remembrance of my sisterhood family and my bible to represent my beliefs and faith of the family. I would not want to part with any of the items if someone told be I had to choose, they are all of equal importance to me.  But by studying diversity I have learned that taking away all material items from a family does not change or take away from your culture. Individuals make the family, the roles they play, the traditions that are built and the characteristics the family possesses.  The important aspect would be to keep all of these traditions, beliefs and characteristics no matter what country we would be sent to.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I like that you said you would take your bible with you. In having to leave and go to another country where the cultural beliefs are completely different, who knows what religions might be practiced where you would be going. I could also see how taking an item that represents your sorority would also be important. I also said I would take pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I told my husband after reading your post that we both put down bible as one of our most important things. He replied that is part of our culture. You are correct, material things do not change or take away from your culture. I do believe whatever is in your heart and mind will remain forever.

    ReplyDelete