Sunday, August 24, 2014

Time Well Spent

As I come to the end of my journey in the Masters of Early Childhood it is very emotional. I have spent this time connecting with so many different colleagues and connecting with their experiences. From this program I have learned the value of passion, passion is the driving force behind every aspect of this field and working with families.  I have become more aware of how my own passion for children and assisting families shapes my views and interactions in my own experiences. I've also learned the importance of celebrating and recognizing diversity in the field. Each one of my colleagues brought a difference of opinions and culture to these courses, just as each family brings their culture to the early childhood programs. Creating environments where families feel comfortable and welcome is crucial to their child's development, the creation of non biased education.  The third most important concept was leadership. The characteristics of being  a strong leader and leading a team of individuals successfully.

As I end this journey I also reflect on what my goals are for the future and how I can positively impact this field.  My ultimate goal is to become a leader in early childhood education for my community by managing several early childhood centers and becoming and advocate for the field by involving myself in several local early childhood agencies.  I want to impact the field by serving children and families and informing others how early childhood can positively impact a child's future.

I thank each and everyone of my colleagues for allowing me to become a member of their educational community and allowing me to share my thoughts and opinions with them. I also thank you for sharing your lives with me in return. I hope that this experience for each of you has made the same impact on your life as it has on mine. I wish  you all a successful and happy journey in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment