Sunday, March 29, 2015

My Own Capacity

My passion for advocacy in the beginning was more focused on working with children who have suffered from abuse. But now as we have begin to explore my passion is fueled by the changes that need to occur in the early childhood field. Many do not view early childhood as a field that is necessary to the education system but it is and those early years in a child's like build lasting connections for a lifetime.  Lobbying for funds to create and support early childhood education is now a passion for me.

There are many resources available in my area, one of those being the local Partnership for Children, which houses the local Smart Start program as well. Having this agency at my disposal will be a place that I can go and get involved with advocacy programs/projects.  They also resource connections in the local, state, and federal government.

Being new to advocacy I have room to grow in developing my skills as an advocate. I hope to get involved on local level with the agency I stated above to gain more experience in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment