Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Own Capacity

There are several issues impacting the early childhood field that fuel my passion for the field. One of those issues being the poverty, I work with families regularly that live at or below poverty and I see the impact our program has on their lives. Not only is poverty an issue but so is the fact that universal quality childcare is not being provided in this country.  

As an assistant director I have a lot of resources available to me within our company as well as outside the company to support my advocacy efforts. Within our company we have the opportunity to express our concerns about the early chilhdood field and educational programming, we have company representatives that are involved with government and policy making.  Within the community I am involved with the local smart start agency. Thus far in this course I have also discovered other sourced through the webiste we have explored.

Being an advocate involved with social policy is new to me. Advocating for the best for children is something I have already been doing. But as an advocate in social policy I hope that I cancontinue to learn of ways to get involved and make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I feel like the public policy piece is evolving into the social policy spectrum. The course is taking me on a journey to support families ( mothers) and now I'm getting more familiar with the parental resilience of protective and promotive factors.
    I love reading your blog, it's refreshing, informative and so professional!
    I'm sure you are a great assistant director and that your skills are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete