Saturday, September 12, 2015

Personal Advocacy Reflection

My life is full of volunteer work with my sorority, thus I interact with a lot on individuals that have impacted my advocacy journey. My sorority sister who is a former Veteran who now works in HR Management for At&t. She spends her time advocating for homeless veterans.  She host and event entitiled Operation Standown where she raises awareness to the cause all under her own Non Profit Organization.  I have seen her organize and teach others like me to be strong leaders. Her dedication not only to cause but also to teaching those along the way to stand up and be involved if they strongly care about the issue or whatever you choose to advocate for as had a lasting impact on me,  I worked closly with her co chairing a youth symposium several years where we provide information and materials to children who are need. I will continue to chair this program this year on my own as she has moved to another state. I only hope I can be the advocate she would have me to be in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Megan , this is very impressive! The energy that was poured into you is a gift that keeps on giving. You will do well because of your own passion, gifts, observations and support around you.

    Chair in!

    ReplyDelete