Sunday, October 18, 2015

Profile a Volunteer

Community service is a major part of my life. Being that I am in a alumni chapter of a sorority we complete community service at least once a month here in our local community. So it's really board for me to choose just one individual who represents an example of a volunteer because I know so many women who live to give back to their community, but if I have to choose one of my sisters is a veteran so she supports homeless veterans by creating an organization with that as the sole purpose. Her  organization hosts events like operation stand down where she involves other organizations to provide supplies or information for the veterans and raise money to assist in other efforts. Her organization also supports current military personnel by sending care packages. Her passion for helping others is so clear in her work and I only hope to become like that one day.

1 comment:

  1. You sound very busy, Megan! I know a nurse who support homeless people. I'm not sure of her criteria of how she gets them but she will give them meals and shower. What I love about her is that she comes off so mean, yet she cares so deeply for her community! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete