Sunday, October 11, 2015

Using Social Media to Get Connected

The Internet has taken over the world, the biggest sites are social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. These sites can be effective toils of advocacy and creating awareness on topics, they also provide a quick way to reach a mass number of individuals.

In my own advocacy experiences I have supported campaigns by posting certain images or videos to my own site, shared advocacy efforts that u come across with others. Most recently a soror of my Sandra Bland died in police custody, I joined the advocacy efforts to bring awareness to the "All lives Matter" by posting the image Sandy Speaks to my profile.

When social media is used correctly it can be a powerful movement.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I think the only use I get from the social media is online classes. I know it is very resourceful and as long as it is use for "good" mountains in our lives would be six inches hills. The best part of media advocating would be the speedy
    time to get your messages across the world!

    ReplyDelete