Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cultural Diversity and Communication

When thinking on the question do I communicate differently with different groups or cultures, the answer to the question is yes. Communication among my friends and family is different from communication with my colleagues and families. This is because of the nature of the relationships that I have with those individuals.  It is the same when I speak with families of a different culture, when speaking with these families there are so many aspects to consider like traditions, customs, and even language barriers.  Communication is directly related to relationships and understanding individuals.  With my family and friends I am more relaxed, sometimes we communicate in code(something only we understand), and the freedom to say anything that comes to mind.  The keys to my communication with others is empathy, being open-minded, and always thinking about the relationship with the other person or persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment